After many years talking with friends about human behavior and how we tend to create patterns in our lives as a self defense mechanism or maybe just a way to make things easier, I have realized that mine is not really that hard to understand.
I fall for passion, wherever and whenever I find it... I guess that deep inside I feel it is the engine that really makes the world go round, or at least the idea that keeps some of us believing in utopias.
I really like talking to people with stories of sacrifice and troubled lives, who has gotten where they wanted to be or are on their way there. By this I don't ever mean running away, on the contrary, they are examples of bravery, as they retrace their paths every single time that it becomes necessary.
Passionate people are constantly fighting battles to get not only what they want, but also to defend what they believe in. They get involved, they believe in happiness, they sacrifice. Sometimes this battles make them seem selfish, and detached, but that's also part of the sacrifice.
I fall for people with passion, therefore I admire this values. I am grateful to have some many people like this in my life, whom I can learn from every single day. They have (like all of us) faced fears, and they possible face it every once in a while... but like few of us, they have built on an armory to overcome it every time, or maybe just the self trust to know that something better always awaits behind the walls lifted by fears.
Passion might be found in the sight of pretty normal people... for me, it really makes them special.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
First, pardon my pedantry. :)
I want to stress the only "bad" thinking in the post. Quote:
"they have built on an armory to overcome it [fear] every time"
Wrong. Fear is ours, it is inside ourselves, so making an armor just keeps it inside... The real answer is more like
"they can look into their fears with respect and love, and put them to sleep gently...", or something alike.
Steve Jobs, who else when speaking about passion?, would have put this quest as Stay hungry, stay foolish...
well, I don't totally agree, fear grows inside, but comes from the outside, nevertheless, it will always exist.
An armor doesn't mean you wont have fear, it means you are able to face them every single time.
Post a Comment